Are you considering a career in Real Estate and just want to know more?
If you’re looking for an exciting and rewarding career where no two days are the same, real estate might just be right for you. With unlimited income potential, flexible hours and the ability to be your own boss being among the many potential benefits this career has to offer there is a lot to consider. As rewarding as a career in real estate sales can be, it is always a great idea to do your homework before you jump in.
As a good starting point, you should ask yourself a few basic questions.
- Am I an entrepreneur at heart? As real estate sales representative, you are very much a self employed business owner and you need to be prepared to run your business like a business professional.
- Am I a self starter who can motivate myself to do what needs to be done to build a successful business?
- Do I enjoy working with people?
- Do I have excellent interpersonal communication skills?
- Do I have the financial resources to get my business started? Keep in mind you are starting a new business so you should be prepared to invest some money on education and start up costs.
- Can I handle the emotional ups and downs and keep my cool?
- Am I good at managing my time, energy and money?
If you answered “YES” to these questions keep reading!
So you think you’re ready to make the leap? Here is how you get started!
First, the most important process is knowing what the minimum requirements are to get your real estate license.
To be registered as a salesperson with the Real Estate Council of Ontario and trade in real estate in Ontario, you must meet the minimum admission requirements and complete the Salesperson Registration Education Program.
For a complete list of the admission requirements, visit the OREA Real Estate College website.
Aside from the education and other minimum requirements, there are a number of personality and character qualities that you should have to be successful in real estate sales. Give us a call to chat more about this.